Thursday, May 8, 2014

Reflection

Going through my Capstone Project was a very difficult experience for me, as well as others. I picked really complex topics that, in all honesty, didn't make it any easier, but aside from this I did manage to learn a lot through it as well. And for that reason I sill decided to research this topic, knowing that it wouldn't be easy just made it a challenge.  I learned that there are many people out there who get little help when they're in need. The fact that male eating disorders and homelessness aren't very talked about subjects is a problem. The fact that all types of people are struggling through malnutrition in one form or another is saddening and there needs to be something done, so I thought helping at least one of the problems is a good way to start. That's the reason that I chose to help serve meals to the less fortunate.

Overall, what I personally gained from Capstone was not much. I honestly thought that since it was such a huge project I'd have gotten more out of it than I actually did. Socially it really limited my time with my family, friends, and my boyfriend. Although I did make a few friends at the shelter, it wasn't worth losing time with my loved ones. In all truths it did somewhat help me spiritually. It made me feel a whole lot better of myself that I helped those in need. It helped me in the sense that it pushed me toward helping. I had always wanted to volunteer and this helped me do so.

Throughtout this project I encountered constant challenges that I had no idea I would have encountered. My time was insanely limited with school, work, and volunteering. I struggled to find time for anybody with all these things going on. What made it worse is that I've had pretty bad anxiety these past couple of years and this project just made it all the more worse. To top it all off I still had to deal with irrelevant excess stress. Even though I had all these things happening at once, I continued to stay motivated and work myself until I finished all I had to do. I can finally say that I am done, for the most part, with my physical project.

No comments:

Post a Comment