Sunday, April 20, 2014

Fourth Mentor Log

Yesterday I went to volunteer again and I'm really getting the hang of it. They made me and this other guy make the punch, which required a gallon of concentrate and five gallons of water all being mixed into a huge container. Volunteering there is just really sad. I don't think people appreciate all they have. Most of the people that come are insanely grateful and that's what makes it worth going. I think the saddest part about yesterday was that there was a little girl around 5 years old that showed up with her grandmother. The supervisor seemed somewhat upset that one of the volunteers offered the little girl a plate of her own, instead of giving her grandmother extra on her plate. I understood why because the portions they give are pretty large and that plate could have been used on another person. This day was fairly easy because there was no trouble and there wasn't a big mess left behind. I won't be volunteering Sunday because they won't be serving meals since it's Easter, which in my opinion is odd. To conclude this day, I'm really glad I'm getting used to things, but I'm happier that this is helping me help others.

4/19/2014
Time: 5 hours
Total Time: 20 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment