Monday, April 14, 2014

Third Mentor Log

Sunday I got the day off from work because it was interfering with my volunteering for the day. We met at the same place as the previous time. This time I wasn't as nervous because it was the same people as well. They were nice as always, but its a bit odd being with people who are much older than you. I helped them take out the ingredients this time and it didn't feel as weird as I thought it would be. Karla, one of the volunteers, talked to me about how they started doing all these things when there began to be a rise of homeless people in that community. It was sad, especially after I saw all those people the evening before, but I was glad to know that communities care enough to start things like this. My first batch of cupcakes came out bad and I was completely embarrassed because theirs came out perfect. They told me it was okay, but my cupcakes had to be thrown away since the bottom was all burnt and the top was still raw. Even though my cupcakes came out terrible, my brownies and cookies came out fine and I'm hoping whomever gets to eat them thinks they're tasty as well.

4/13/2014
Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 15 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment